Surely it's no accident that the natural battle lines become about:
"what's more important, paying for universities or schools?"
Forget the answer, it's a bad question. It seems to simply be another shot fired in a "divide and conquer" approach.
As a bad parent may be tempted to think with three kids - "if they're fighting among themselves they have no time to fight with me" but it's a counterproductive, destructive method.
In defence of any government, though, they're the ones in there and its their job to make it work. The ranking of accountability here is:
- The party in government - way ahead of
- The party in opposition - way ahead of
- Minor parties that have no hope of governing in their own right - way ahead of
- Independent candidates - way ahead of
- Commentators and blog writers, who have no danger of being asked to make anything work.
So it's easy for me to comment, but the divisiveness here still makes me feel uneasy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad