Hi, I'm doing the marketing course and i was wondering about what kind of classes should i do to get a job in advertisement?
And my response:
Hi. Big question. Too big for me to answer here. Most importantly:
- View everything you see in life through a marketing lens
- Be curious about everything and keep investigating until you have an answer that satisfies you
- Have some public presence that shows you are doing the two things I mentioned above. Perhaps write a blog such as http://cullenofadelaid.blogspot.com.au/
- Take opportunities to do interesting things whenever they present – even if it doesn’t look like it will pay
- Be prepared for things to not work. Water runs downhill, and when it meets an obstacle it finds a way around it. So too it should be with your career plan.
I don’t have a magic formula of things to study that’ll get you into advertising and marketing, but the things above will start to get you near the playing field.