Today is a perfect day in some ways. Backed in with over 25 years of just "being".
- I have a peach tree that sprouted next to my driveway about five years ago
- I (25 years ago) married into an Italian Family that have a great many stories and - sadly - lost loved grandparents
- I like gardening
- My father in law's father loved his peaches and at the perfect time of year they were firm, but sweet.
- I grafted a cutting from my late "grandfather in law's" favourite tree to the wild rootstock next to my driveway
- Today they ripened
- Tonight I needed to pick my daughter up from work at Norwood at 9.45 but I knew my father in law would be at home and happy enough to see me if I came,
- The Masciantonio house is a nexus.
- We got to share peaches in wine. Something that Guiseppe loved - and something I was looking forward to.
- And when I turned up with peaches, without any prompting that's exactly what Luigi started to do.
A perfect day.